VISIT THE MUSEUM
Preparing for your trip to the Early Jurassic!
Explore and Discover
Don’t let the “farm” in our name fool you! The fossils at the St. George Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson Farm are all housed inside a comfortable building where you’ll find an Early Jurassic ecosystem complete with dinosaurs, plants, fishes, and more. Let us tell you the story of Earth and St. George’s ancient past.
GROUPS OF 10 OR MORE
Ask about our Group Rates
SCHOOL GROUPS OR SPECIAL TOUR GROUPS
Please Call 435-574-3466, X1 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements
WASHINGTON COUNTY RESIDENTS
Ask about our Locals Rates
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
PLAN YOUR VISIT
Come explore the museum at your own pace! The exhibits are all self-guided. (Self-guides translated into various languages available at the bottom of this page).
Although all ages can enjoy the museum, younger children may need help reading and understanding the signs. To help younger children learn and enjoy the site, we offer scavenger hunts with dino prizes, hands-on activities in our Classroom, and an outdoor play area in our Dino Park.
Our museum is fully climate controlled, with water fountains, bathrooms, and seating throughout.
- The Indoor Classroom has changing exhibits and hands-on activities focusing on different geological and paleontological topics.
- The Outside Dino Park has picnic tables, a sandbox, a climb-on dinosaur, and a Walk Through Time exhibit. The picnic area and climb-on dino are shaded.
- Walkways and ramps are ADA approved, no stairs to climb
- Large parking lot with handicapped parking spaces, bus/RV parking, and street-side parking
- Walker with built-in seat available upon request
- Well-behaved dogs on leashes are welcome!
WHAT YOU’LL SEE
EXHIBITS AND FOSSILS
Start your tour with our “Cast of Characters;” those being the tracks and the animals who likely made them. The first track is the largest at the site, known as a Eubrontes track. These were likely made by Dilophosaurus. Next is the Grallator track, a much smaller track made by a Megapnosaurus-like dinosaur. There are a total of 17 different tracks at the site, can you find them all? Next on your tour, you’ll learn about the Early Jurassic setting, specifically Sedimentary Structures we use to learn about the ancient environment of this area. Can you imagine a large, shallow lake and no mountains, that’s what St. George looked like 200 million years ago. And to finish your tour, you’ll walk onto our boardwalk, getting up close and personal with the intact track surface. Make sure you see the swimming dinosaur tracks, skin impressions, running dinosaur tracks, and the rare crouching dinosaur impression before leaving the site. Click Here for More Details
WHAT TO DO AND NOT TO DO!
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Drinks in closed containers are welcome. Open drinks with straws, sippy cups, or coffee mugs are prohibited except in the lobby area and outside.
- Please alert the front desk staff if you plan on bringing food into the Dino Park.
- Photography and videography are encouraged!
- Ticket sales close 30 minutes before closing, so get here early!